There’s lots of information in these FAQs about hiring a campervan from us, but if your question isn’t covered then get in touch.
What’s included in each hire?
- fully comprehensive insurance – subject to a £1000 security deposit, and an insurance excess of £1000 (subject to the hirer’s driving history) in the event of a claim
- unlimited mileage
- all vans are covered by roadside assistance
- we provide a sheet for each bed, we ask you to bring pillows and duvet or sleeping bag
- cooking equipment; pans, cooking utensils, crockery, cutlery, mugs, kettle, and glasses
- gas for the burners (if more gas needs to be purchased, please keep the receipt and we will refund you at the end of your hire)
- electric hook-up cable
- safety equipment; fire extinguisher, carbon monoxide alarm, first aid kit, warning triangle
- we also show you how everything works so it’s smooth sailing for your holiday!
What are some of the features of our vans?
- 2ltr diesel engine
- automatic transmission
- 4 seater (Coast model), 5 seater (Beach model)
- front captain swivel seats
- infotainment centre with Bluetooth connectivity, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- parking sensors
- rear parking camera
- cruise control
- parking assist
- campervan control panel
- air conditioning
- integrated heater (Coast model), 3-pin heater (Beach model)
- elevating roof with upper bed with comfort mattress
- rear double pull-out bed with comfort mattress
- panoramic roof tent
- integrated wind-out awning
- gas burner hob
- cold water sink
- fold away table
- 2 x stowaway VW chairs
- mains, 12V electrics, leisure battery
- fully integrated blinds
- portable cold shower (Coast model)
What do we need from you?
- there is a minimum hire of 3 nights and this is initially for 1 driver (you can add additional drivers for £10 per day)
- minimum standard age for the driver is 23 and the maximum age is 75 (other ages can be considered by our insurance company, but may incur an additional charge)
- photocard driving licence
- no more than 6 points on your UK driving licence
- non-UK driving licences are welcome but hire conditions vary
- 2 x proof of address either a utility bill, bank statement or credit card statement dated within the last three months with the same address as the driving licence. Important: The address on your driving licence must be your current address otherwise we are unable to insure you to drive
- a check code from www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
How do I secure my campervan?
- a 25% non-refundable deposit is needed when booking, with the remainder of the balance to be paid 28 days prior to departure
- there is a £1000 security deposit required by credit/debit card on the day of hire. This is refunded in full within 10 days if there is no damage to the vehicle, no speeding or parking tickets
- we will send out a Campervan Hirer Information form for you to fill out 28 days prior to your start date. We use this information to send to our insurance company and generate your insurance contract
When can I pick-up/drop-off my campervan?
- you can pick up your campervan from 2pm and it must be returned by 11am at our base in Wadebridge, North Cornwall
- we are flexible on pick-up/drop off times so please talk to us (the insurance for each hire runs in 24 hours periods)
We’re driving to Cornwall, can I leave my car with you?
- yes, we have free off-road parking for your car if you need to leave one with us
What if I’m flying or taking the train?
- easy! We can arrange to pick you up from various train stations (Truro or Bodmin Parkway stations are central) and Newquay airport is just 20 minutes down the road, please contact us to discuss your options
Are there any additional costs?
- yes, there is a cleaning fee of £30 for every hire, to be paid when you secure your booking
Can I take my campervan abroad?
- yes, you need to tell us before you hire the camper and it could incur an extra charge
Why do you take a security deposit?
- a £1000 security deposit is taken on the day of hire, which will form the insurance excess in the event of a claim
- this is returned in full within 10 working days of the vehicle being returned on time, undamaged, with a full tank of fuel, a reasonably clean interior and all equipment undamaged and accounted for
- if any of the above is found to be in dispute we reserve the right to use the security excess to resolve the issue(s) with any remainder of the excess being returned to the hirer
- in summary, we confirm that we will never provide any details of personal information to any third party, other than our insurance company in connection with a claim or potential claim, or unless we are required to do so by government bodies, law enforcement authorities or to comply with legal requirements
- you will be provided with a full copy of the rental agreement when hiring a campervan